Tuesday, September 9, 2008

yet again...







So, blog number 2 is going to be pretty much the same as blog number one. I appologize for repeating myself if it happens.



This would be Industry Studies Assignment 1. Create a blog. Done. Title? Done. Description, done. Links to all my fellow class mates? In progress but will be done as soon as I have the info needed.



Now, onto the good stuff. What first attracted me to photography. Well, there is a photo of a man I have added to my blog (the one on the right), and it would be he that opened my eyes to photography and taught me to see the world in a different way. My dad. I remember looking at album after album of his photos when I was younger. To this day I will still go back and look at pictures he's taken over the years. Maybe, once I'm finished this course, I will be able to teach him a thing or two.



So far, everything I have learned I learned from my father. In this course I hope to learn things that he wasn't able to teach me. Mostly darkroom techniques (although I'm pretty sure he know's a bit about that). I can't wait to get my hands dirty. To learn the mechanics behind what I've always loved (pictures, and how they work, digital and film, printing and editing). It boils down to the simple fact that I want to learn everything there is to know. I know it's alot, but I like dreaming big.




As for "a brush with greatness", I have had the opportunity to meet people that are known through out the music scene. Like the gentelman in the photo above and left. Gilby Clark of "Guns and Roses" (or Rock Star Supernova if you prefer) passed through town with his solo band and they played at a venue that I am frequently taking pictures at, so I was lucky enough to talk with him for a bit and shoot the show they played. I was able to do the same thing when GOB and Econoline Crush passed through. I hope some day to be good enough and known enough to get press passes for bigger venues.... Some day :)




Cheers to all.


Until next time



No comments: